Centering the needs & voices of Black, Indigenous, People of Color, the In Living Color Virtual BIPOC Space is a space designed by and for BIPOC participants, providing a refuge for people to gather, connect, rest, and share in the celebration of our lineages & lived experiences. The In Living Color Virtual BIPOC space is also a place for BIPOC participants to access emotional and energetic support throughout the duration of the conference by way of Amanda David and Mandana Boushee (BIPOC herbalists and facilitators of the In Living Color Space).
- Daily from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST: BIPOC participants are invited to join the space anytime during our Open Hours which will be held live for the duration of the conference.
- January 18 at 12:00 PM EST: The space will open with an Opening Ceremony.
- January 23 at 12:00 PM EST: The space will close with a Closing Ceremony.
- 24/7 Access: The In Living Color facilitators will also be on-call and available 24/7 during the conference via email.
Connect with the facilitators:
To connect with the In Living Color BIPOC Space facilitators, Amanda David and Mandana Boushee, please contact them at email@example.com.
Please consider learning more through the following resources:
- Why People of Color Need Spaces Without White People, by Kelsey Blackwell, on the importance of these spaces when we gather.
- Racial Microaggressions Are Real. Here’s How to Navigate Them, by Ruth Terry, on microaggression culture.
- Woke Without The Work, an online workshop for Non-BIPOC Herbalists, who are seeking to move beyond optical support of our communities, towards active, tangible, and embodied practices of equity.