The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY) is hiring a full-time Operations Director to start immediately.
NOFA-NY is an organization of farmers, gardeners, and consumers working together to create a sustainable regional food system that’s ecologically sound and economically viable. Through demonstration and education, we promote land stewardship, organic food production, and local marketing. We bring consumer and farmer together to make high-quality food available to all people. NOFA-NY is a growing not-for-profit, USDA-accredited organic certification agency, whose primary purpose is to provide high integrity certification services to 1,100 organic farmers and processors throughout New York State and surrounding areas.
The Operations Director will report to the Executive Director and take direction from the Certification Director by overseeing the entire organization’s finances, grant financial reporting, financial forecasting, systems improvement, and human resources.
Ensuring the finances are in order, preparing the annual budget, overseeing the general office environment, recordkeeping, and systems management. Managing the human resources needs of employees and the organization. Tracking federal and state grants. For full job description, click here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Business Management or related field and minimum 5 years’ experience in non-profit management/leadership. May consider degree in unrelated field with 5 years non-profit experience.
- Must possess working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel.
- Proficient with learning database systems.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Project management experience, self-directed.
- Excellent analysis and writing abilities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to understand big picture.
- Preferred: Commitment to sustainable food systems, food processing, organic farming, or production experience desirable.
- Some work outside of normal business hours.
- Valid Driver’s License, travel between Syracuse and Binghamton offices and occasional travel throughout NYS.
- Ability to sit at computer/desk for long periods of time.
We offer a friendly environment, challenging work, open communication, and commitment to a job well- done.
Training is provided in the Syracuse and Binghamton offices as well as via Zoom. This position is full-time and will be working from the Syracuse and/or Binghamton offices with remote work options possible.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position with benefits. Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision, life, and 403(b) as well as very generous paid holidays/vacation time. NOFA-NY offers a collaborative and flexible working environment. Annual salary range is $60-65K based on experience.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
NOFA-NY is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. NOFA-NY is committed to centering racial equity in our organization and in our advocacy work. Please visit NOFA-NY’s website to read our Equity Statement here.