Farm Manager on Sunset Farm (Queensbury, NY) Sunset Farm has a need for a farm manger. We need someone dependable, hard-working, good humored and a good communicator that is able to lift 50lb. Work involves, planning, planting, maintaining, harvesting and processing of vegetables, including washing, trimming and packing for wholesale and farmstand customers. If you are excited about farming, local food production and can work with little oversight, please send your resume and cover letter to the farm via email.
• Develop a crop production plan for the market garden field and high tunnel based on wholesale market demand and the needs for our on-farm events;
• Supervise, plan and participate in all aspects of the market garden operations including propagation, cultivation, field prep, transplanting, weed and pest management, and harvesting using organic methods;
• Process, display produce at farm stand and package crops for restaurant sales
• Monitor and be accountable for the progress of all field work;
• Install and maintain drip irrigation systems;
• A minimum of three years’ experience growing vegetables and managing a small scale commercial vegetable operation using organic methods;
• Ability to safely operate a tractor and other farm equipment and tools;
This position is designed to lead and inspire others. You will report directly to the property owner but be largely independent.
Your work at Sunset Farm should lead to a sense of accomplishment and pride.
The position is looking to become a full time, year-round, and requires 40 to 50 hours per week during the main growing season with reduced hour’s off-season. Some early morning, weeknight and weekend work is required as needed. Compensation and benefits are competitive based on experience.
If you are qualified and would like to be part of our growing business, we would like to know more about you.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply:
Please forward interest to email@example.com