Valentines Farm is a 4-acre biodynamic market garden and homestead on Long Island. We grow a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, flowers, and berries. Our vegetable fields occupy half an acre and are managed on a low till, permanent, bed system. We produce jams, apothecary items, honey and free-range eggs.
We are seeking a highly organized and resourceful Farm Coordinator to join our team. The FC will work with the Farm Manager to co-lead and ensure smooth farm operations covering administrative duties and work in the fields.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The FC will troubleshoot building problems, assist with vendors, record keeping, inventory upkeep, ordering supplies, coordinating produce deliveries and donations, writing newsletters, blog posts and social media content. The FC will assist with farm work as needed.
Background and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and willing to handle various tasks
- Cooperative and able to take direction
- Ability to work independently is key
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google apps and systems
- Experience with farm financials and budgeting
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Interest in farming is desired
- Handy, a plus
- Uniform provided
This position is full-time, salaried depending on experience. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in all weather, have a current Driver’s License and be able to work 10-hour shifts, 5 days a week with flexibility to work weekends and assist with farmer’s markets on Saturdays.
How to Apply:
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the following:
• 1 minute video explaining why you are a great candidate
Visit our Website!
Follow us on Instagram @valentines_farm