Full Time Organic Vegetable Gardener
A private garden in Bedford, NY is seeking an organic vegetable gardener. The vegetable garden is 3000 square feet with additional rows of berries, assorted fruit and cutting flowerbeds.
The gardener will work independently and/or with a staff horticulturist.
• bed preparation
• sow seed and cultivate plants indoors for transplant in garden; and directly sow seed
• plan succession of certain crops
• manage crop rotation
• install of trellis and support frames
• IPM with organic solutions
• weekly harvest, cleaned and packaged
• greenhouse care
Ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of vegetable/fruit production, thorough knowledge of greenhouse and in situ seed starting, ability to implement and maintain seed sowing schedules and best practices regarding organic vegetable production. Familiarity with pests and diseases common in growing crops needed
How to Apply:
Previous vegetable gardening experience is required. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org