Private Organic Farm
Private family seeks a motivated Farm Manager to manage with the coordination, operations, and maintenance of their large organic produce and cut flower garden located on their private estate. Knowledge of seasonal harvesting is required to liaise with the family’s chef for menu planning. Creating channels to distribute harvests and limit waste is a large part of the role. This is a five-day flexible schedule with weekends included when requested and overriding flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
The ideal candidate is flexible in their responsibilities as this is a “jack/jane-of-all-trades” type of position as there are many different facets required. This individual will work on a large team to ensure proper daily and seasonal preparation of the property and its amenities, maintaining guest readiness at any given time.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning planting, harvesting, and maintenance schedules
• Coordinating with the team to receive produce and flowers at all residences
• Creating distribution channels to limit waste
• Opening and closing amenities, taking care of grounds and residences as seasonally appropriate; snow/leaf removal, trail maintenance, etc.
• Maintaining inventory levels and stock procurement; personal shopping and running errands
• Oversight of all deliveries and general maintenance of the residence
• Liaising new relationships, as well as maintaining previous relationships with residence vendors and contractors
• Additional Property Management-related tasks and responsibilities as needed and upon request
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your Resume to Hamptons@HireSociety.com. Looking forward!