Orchard Hill Organics LLC
New York (Manhattan), Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Ulster, Westchester
Farmer, Full-time, Year-round
$30,000 - $50,000 per year commensurate on experience and knowledge
Weekly fresh veggies.
Preference given to those with a minimum of 2 seasons working on a market garden. Strong work ethic and ability to work outdoors under a wide range of condition. Detail oriented and able to work independently and think critically are a must. Possess excellent communication interpersonal skills and friendly demeanor. Willing to receive constructive criticism and provide feedback and ask questions. Clean driving record and employment history demonstrating engagement and commitment. Knowledge and experience working Farmers Markets very helpful.
Invest in us and we will invest in you!
Orchard Hill Organics is a diversified system-driven market garden focused on high quality annual crops and berries. We grow for farmers market and a CSA modeled subscription. We focus on high intensity rotations balanced with improving in soil health and supporting the farm ecosystem. Farm crew will work closely with the Farm Manager and Assistant Manager and other employees. There is a great opportunity to learn both the logistics of farm operation as well as nuances of production. We are looking to build a year-round core crew. We operate as a team and are looking for a team player who is able to actively work towards the farm’s goals.
We currently grow in 7 passive high tunnels, a geothermal GAHT greenhouse, and a small-heated greenhouse for microgreens. There is a lot of opportunity for growth for motivated individuals.
• Assist in record keeping in the form of daily logs
• Assist in staffing farmers markets
• Assist in harvesting, washing, quality control and sorting of crops.
• Assist in fulfilling orders for customers and markets
• Assist in improving farm soil heath and efficiency
• Assist in the development of new farm plantings
• Assist in greenhouse work to propagate new plants
• Ensure irrigation system is maintained and running well
• Assist in irrigating during the growing season
• Assist in implementing seeding, transplanting, and harvesting schedules
• Assist and staff new and established markets
• Assist in fruit and orchard management
• Assist in the application of soil amendment and sprays
• Assist in maintaining barn/shop/equipment
• Assist in pruning/grafting/propagating trees
• Safely operate farm machinery for mowing, hauling, soil amendment, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org