- This event has passed.
How’s Your Soil Doing? Field Assessments for Your Farm and Garden
November 16, 2020 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Join NOFA-NY to learn how to measure the level of biodiversity and other aspects of soil health. Soil carbon proxy tests can be performed with simple materials you might already have at home. These DIY soil tests will help you get an idea of how well your soils are supporting life and storing carbon on your farm or in your garden. We’ll discuss management recommendations based on the diverse practices and assessment data we found at farms across New York.
This webinar features vegetable operations. Presenters will include:
- Paul Loomis, Growing Family Farms in Spencerport
- Corinne Hansch & Matthew Leon, Lovin’ Mama Farm in Amsterdam
- Richard deGraff, Grindstone Farm in Pulaski
- Caro Roszell, NOFA/Mass Education Director & Soil Carbon Program Coordinator
- Joseph Amsili, Cornell University Soil Health Program Coordinator
- NOFA-NY Education Staff