- This event has passed.
How’s Your Soil Doing? Field Assessments for Your Farm and Garden
November 10, 2020 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Join NOFA-NY to learn how to measure the level of biodiversity and other aspects of soil health. Soil carbon proxy tests can be performed with simple materials you might already have at home. These DIY soil tests will help you get an idea of how well your soils are supporting life and storing carbon on your farm or in your garden. We’ll discuss management recommendations based on the diverse practices and assessment data we found at farms across New York.
This webinar features dairy, livestock, and field crop operations. Presenters will include:
- Lukas Aeschlimann, Aeschlimann Family Farms in Frankfort
- Luke Gianforte, Gianforte Farms in Cazenovia
- Adrianne Traub, Hedgerow Hill Farm in Cortland
- Caro Roszell, NOFA/Mass Education Director & Soil Carbon Program Coordinator
- Joseph Amsili, Cornell University Soil Health Program Coordinator
- NOFA-NY Education Staff