Your generous support helps us to cultivate a just and resilient food and farming community.
It has been said that generosity is the wellspring of abundance. At NOFA-NY, we have enjoyed a fruitful year, productively working on projects made possible by the generosity of our membership, community, and farmers. You have worked with us to continue our efforts to build a socially just, environmentally resilient food and farming system. During this time of harvest and thanksgiving, all of us at NOFA-NY want to express our deep gratitude for your support.
Please join us in celebrating 2023’s wins:
- Our certification branch has continued to provide reputable, affordable certification services while ushering in updates to ease paperwork burdens via the roll out of our web-based Clover Portal.
- We have continued to advocate for policies that support small, diversified, and organic farms, including through our 2023 Farm Bill Campaign that demands climate, land, and food justice for all.
- Our education team has collaborated on national efforts to transition farms to organic production, expand mentorship opportunities, enhance technical assistance, and build a robust community of organic farmers.
- The Farm Share Program saw a successful debut, providing low-cost CSA shares to families across the state.
- We hosted a large community building event in Farm Fest ’23, which was a whole lot of fun and let us extend NOFA-NY’s outreach and bolster membership.
With a new year on the horizon, we have a lot to look forward to. Our 42nd Annual Winter Conference will return – in person – to Syracuse. We have plans for large-scale regional events throughout the state, in addition to technical assistance field days and workshops all year. Mentorship opportunities for farms transitioning to organic will continue and expand. Advocacy for policies that will help farmers, gardeners, organic consumers, and farm communities will continue to be a high priority.
With your help, we can extend the reach of our programming even further. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to NOFA-NY today! Your generous support allows us to continue helping New York farmers and supporting our communities. Thank you for being a part of this important work!
Interim Executive Director, NOFA-NY